Casilda Sánchez uses video, installation and photography to explore ideas of vision, voyeurism and intimacy. Casilda received an MFA in Video, Film and New Media from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and a PhD in Contemporary Art from Complutense in Madrid. Her work has shown at the Videonale 13 at the Kunstmuseum in Bonn, Germany and at the National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts. She was included in the 8 Biennal d’art Leandre Cristòfol at La Panera Art Center in Spain and had her first solo museum show at La Panera Art Center in 2014. Sánchez will have a solo show at Aspect/Ratio in September 2016.
Quisiera ser tan alta como la Luna IV, 2015, 2 channel video, edition of 5
y el mar se negó a ser tierra, 2014, 8 channel video installation, edition of 5, installation at La Panera Art Center
Casilda Sánchez, installation image from Aspect/Ratio, September 2013
Quisiera ser tan alta como la Luna VI (detail), 2013, sculpture, hydrocal, 83" x 6" x 6"
Winter Landscape, 2013, single channel video projected on 3 acrylic screens, 19" x 10" x 3", edition of 3
As Inside as the Eye Can See, 2009, single channel video installation, edition of 3
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773-206-7354
- Centre d’Art La Panera acquires two of Casilda Sánchez’ works for their collection in Lleida. 1/20/13
- Casilda Sánchez will be included in the upcoming 8th Annual Biennal d’Art Leandre Cristòfol at Centro de Arte la Panera in Lleida, Spain. 2013
- "Make Space Studio Visit: Casilda Sánchez" Jason Judd interviews Casilda Sánchez for Make Space: An online space to share new art, ideas and conversations. 11/2012
- “Can you see what I mean? An exploration of the limits of vision in anti-ocularcentric contemporary art,” by Jenni Lauwrens, 2012.
- THE SEEN Chicago’s International Art & Design Blog reviews Ground Floor at the Hyde Park Art Center 8/23/12